Saturday, December 31, 2016

Faux Metal Birthday

This was a fun card to make, really! Decided to try this technique by Jennifer McGuire. I learn so much from her posts, and there's almost always a video which I appreciate because there are wonderful tips included.


I must tell you that I am blending challenged. This technique is forgiving, with the metallic powder over the ink. I didn't have Perfect Pearls so I used some Pearl Ex that I had. Just learned the difference between the two, and Perfect Pearls are now on my wishlist! 

This card is for my nephew, so I thought the neon green mat would be fun. The Distress Ink Twisted Citron started out more neon green until I blended over it. Like I said, I'm blending challenged!

Here's a closer look:

Hope the beautiful embossing holds up in the mail. I used Crafter's Pick, The Ultimate glue to adhere the die cuts. It's thick and ideal to use on this Next Level embossing. 

Stamp: Will update when I figure out which birthday stamp I used! :D
Die: MFT Brushstroke Birthday Greetings
Inks: Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon & Twisted Citron Distress Inks
Misc: We R Memory Keepers Next Level Geometric embossing folder, Pearl Ex

Thanks for the visit! Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your card! And the blending looks great!

    ReplyDelete