Thursday, May 18, 2017

MFT Beautiful Blooms

Always sad when these classes end. Just back from vacation, I struggled to complete some cards and am posting at the very last second before deadline.

I love this MFT set. Today's lesson focused on embossing powder. Laura Bassen created a beautiful marbled heart. I must say this was about my 6th attempt. Distress ink does not work, at least it didn't work for me. Hero Arts ink finally did the trick. Instead of using a colored embossing powder for the base I wanted to have a marbled effect on white. Well, not at pretty at Laura's, but it made for an interesting vase:


I enjoy all of the Online Card Classes, and this one was really fun. Always learn more tips! Debby Hughes cards were my favorite, and I will be trying that technique for sure. Just didn't have quite the right background stamps, and ran out of time. 

Thanks for popping by, see you next time!

1 comment: