Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Detailed Floral Thinlits Wedding, and Stamparatus / MISTI tip

One of the nicest things to happen to a crafter is when someone sees your work and requests a copy for a very special occasion. Of course you want everything to be perfectly lined up, and it's wonderful to have the tools we have today. More about that in a bit. First, the wedding card:


The first card I made like this was for a 50th Anniversary, another special occasion. Stampin' Up Floral Phrases & Detailed Floral thinlits were used.

Sharing something I just started doing that helps me line up sentiments. I have loved using the Dritz Gridded Plastic Template Sheets for quite some time, thanks to MISTI videos. It took me until now to think of cutting up HARD plastic packaging to put over it. With that in place you can stamp and wipe off many times until you are happy with the placement. I used to stamp directly on the gridded template, but some inks don't wipe off very well. I have rubbed the lines off with cleaner before, oops! Then I used clear packaging from stamps, but it would cling to the stamp when I lifted the lid, and the plastic piece would move. The first time I used the piece of hard plastic I almost heard music. It stamps crisp and wipes up easily! It also doesn't stick to the stamp like the gridded template does. What a life-changer, lol!



Okay, so I got a bit carried away explaining my little stamp press tip. I blame Lydia Fiedler. I enjoy how she tells a story on her blog, feels like you're right there. Follow her at Understand Blue. She's amazing and full of surprises.

So nice of you to stop by today!




2 comments:

  1. Such a GORGEOUS card and wonderful tips for getting the perfect stamp. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a great tip! Love it! And thanks so much for stopping by my place too!

    ReplyDelete