Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Christmas in July World Map


Welcome to InKing Royalty's July Blog Hop! During this year's blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month's projects celebrate Christmas in July. Demonstrators have been able to order new products from the upcoming August-December Mini Catalog, so prepare yourself for a gorgeous mix of new products, products available in the Annual Catalog and returning favorites. What fun! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.



This has been a challenging year, to say the least! I reached for the World Map dies (coordinates with the Beautiful World stamp set) and computer generated the "May there be peace on earth" sentiment. The Tin Tile embossing folder added interest to this CAS card.


So happy with how this card turned out. I must share how I made the ornament cap. do you recognize the die? It's the inkwell die!


It's the little one on the upper right. I cut it out, then decided it was a bit too tall. I ran it through again, shaving off a bit of the bottom. Then I used my score board to make a few vertical lines. Cut a little opening in the top for the gold ribbon. Anyone else save scraps of pretty ribbon? This one was in my stash.


Here's a better photo of the gorgeous gold world map die against the night of navy cardstock. Love the Lovely Labels pick a punch! I was going to add a gold layer to the label, but decided I wanted the globe to take center stage.

Dies: World Map, Stitched Rectangles
Punch: Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Embossing Folder: Tin Tile

Thanks for stopping by! There's a lot of inspiration on this hop, hope you'll join us. The next stop is Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping. If you get lost, here are the links:






32 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so unique, and beautiful. You made a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, Sheryl! Not only is this a beautiful card, but the way you've fashioned the ornament cap is BRILLIANT! Love it! ♥ So happy you hopped with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your always amazing comments, Brian. I had fun with this card.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Wow! Beautiful. The visual effect is simple, but this great card is anything but. I absolutely love every little detail from the embossing on the background panel to the intricate gold around, on and above the globe to the perfectly framed sentiment. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment, Linda!

      Delete
  4. So impressed with how you combined the globe with the sentiment. what could be better. And your ornament top is so creative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Sheryl, and such a needed sentiment right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea Sheyl, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was wonderful you joined us this month!

      Delete
  8. Oh I just absolutely love this card so much. Simple elegance to go along with a perfect sentiment to remind us all to strive towards peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Striking! So clever to use the ink well!
    Gale S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gale! That shape just jumped out at me. :)

      Delete
  10. Sheryl - This card is so beautifully perfect for this season. I hope you don't mind if I wind up CASEing this for my cards this year. I absolutely love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Sheryl! I am finally able to post on your blog, but only from a computer - but it worked!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Pam, CASE away! Happy dance that you can leave a comment. Your comments are always so thoughtful, love them!

      Delete
  11. The gold Earth very definitely takes center stage. The embossed background just adds to the simple beauty of this card. Great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!
    Who would think to use as ornament!
    Very rich and impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card but I'm having trouble with the cap,mine doesn't look like yours at all,anymore help ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut the inkwell diecut shorter, then cut a hole in the top with an Exacto knife. Last step is to use a scoreboard to score a few vertical lines. I can't find an email address for you, so am responding here. Thanks for the question!

      Delete