Thursday, January 12, 2023

Stitched Heart Woodblock Wednesday

Another Woodblock Wednesday, and my first post of the year!  #woodblockwednesday #woodblockstamps


Okay, so today really isn't Wednesday, but Amy is giving us until Monday to link up, yay!

I unearthed this woodblock stamp from the bottom of a shoebox. I was surprised it's a Stampa Rosa! It begged to be stitched, so I stamped the image on scrap cardstock, then pierced the holes. I transferred the pattern to vellum so I could see through it to position it where I wanted it inside the ornate oval. The heart is stitched with red satin floss, and the arrow is silver thread. I wonder if this stamp was meant to be stitched? I was unable to find this stamp by Googling. I am loving Woodblock Wednesdays, thank you Amy!

Tomorrow (Friday the 13th) is our 44th Anniversary, so this card will be Stan's. 💖




Stamps: Santa Rosa
Dies: Spellbinders Opulent Ovals, Spellbinders Stitched Heart Card Front (sentiment)

Thanks for popping by!

2 comments:

  1. Sheryl, Happy Anniversary to you two! 44th?! That's amazing!!!!! I love how you've added the stitching to this beautiful project! Thanks for linking up to Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy! And thank you for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete