Monday, November 27, 2017

Heartfelt Thanks

Hard to say how long this card took, but it was under 30 minutes for sure. I made 76 of these for mom's memorial. The MISTI came in handy! Was able to keep it one layer because I used 110lb cardstock that held up to the embossing. I love that when you open the card you see the debossing.




Stamps: Penny Black Heartfelt
Embossing Folder: SU Elegant Lines, SU Beautiful Wings embosslit, both retired

The current Shopping Our Stash challenge is Quick Thank You Card, made in less than 30 minutes. Now this is usually almost impossible for me. I used to participate in a few of Pretty Pink Posh's 10 minute card challenge and they almost killed me.

The founder of Shopping Our Stash was Leslie Hanna. I think about her a lot, but especially at this time of year. Miss you, Leslie!




Love when you stop by!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Sheryl I miss Leslie too, even though I only knew her for a short time and not personally it was very hard. I think of her when I use pink. Beautiful card, making 76 must have been a challenge. and I hear you about the stress of a quick card, doesn't happen here either. Thanks for entering your card is the Quick Thankyou challenge at Shopping Our stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, it's so nice to connect with friends of Leslie. We used to message regularly. So many things remind me of her! Thank you for your wonderful comments!

      Delete
  2. Sheryl this is such a gorgeous card for your mom's memorial.
    Embossed white is just so pretty and elegant.
    Like Barb I often think of Leslie when I make something pink...lovely that she is in the thoughts of so many of us.
    Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna. The SOS challenges are special to me because of Leslie. Funny how pink makes us think of her! Oh, and Grumplings!

      Delete
  3. The moment I saw this, I knew it was something super-special. Upon reading your post, I know that it is. So gorgeous, Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian, thank you for your always beautiful comments. It was very special that my siblings loved this card we all sent to friends and relatives. It was a quick card to make, but still special.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card. I'm sorry about the loss of your mom. Making things like this are often therapeutic-- I have found that I craft through my grief. My MIL's memorial is next month, and I think I'll take inspiration from you and make some thank yous as well. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts, Mimi. It's true that making the cards was therapeutic. I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I'd love to see the cards you make. <3

      Delete