Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Grand Piano

Today is Alma's 92nd birthday. She's our neighbor who used to teach piano, and still composes and plays. I have been wanting to make a piano card for her, and finally found a beautiful tutorial and template on Splitcoast Stampers here.







The tutorial calls for a button to hold the lid in the open position, but I remembered I had a package of chipboard notes from Cas-ual Fridays! I colored them with a black Sharpie and stacked them two high. Didn't want white to show when the lid is open, so the sentiment panel is attached to the lid. Also, the tutorial folds the lid flap on the top so you have the option of tucking the flowers in the flap. I folded the flap under and glued it to give the part that sticks out to the right stability. Had so much fun making this card!

Most of the bouquet is from Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms, a few flowers on the lower left are from Spellbinders Petite Floral Potpourri. Flower arranging doesn't come naturally to me. It took days of rearranging and leaving it before I was happy with the placement. I used a Sharpie to touch up the laser printed keyboard, then used hairspray to set the black printed ink.

Happy you stopped by today!

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful. I love the white & pink flowers and adore the piano design. Great job. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete