Thursday, June 8, 2023

Tropical 25th Anniversary

Wanted to make a special card for my sister's 25th Anniversary. As soon as I saw Hussena's card on Pinterest I knew that's the card I wanted to case!



Laura & Mark were married at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki, on a terrace with an ocean view. This was my inspiration photo (pre-ceremony):



Hussena's background was beautifully watercolored, my background is brushed with Distress inks and Clarity brushes. Had fun making the spiral flowers! They are so tiny it took some practice, but worth it. I used Hammermill 100lb cardstock for the flowers, they are quite sturdy. I felt 110 would be too thick. The Spellbinders Susan's Garden Ultimate Toolkit really came in handy! The tweezers and forming tools added dimension to the dress flowers, boutonniere and foliage. Went through my Spellbinders sets and found a few with small foliage.

All of the main elements are double-thickness. The dress and tux are popped on low foam tape.

Stamps: MFT Essential Sentiments
Dies: SB Ornamental Arch, SB Wedding Dress & Tux, IO Spiral Flowers, MFT           Cherry Blossoms, Altenew Featured Sentiments
Foliage dies: SB Be Bold Blooms, SB Enchanting Pocket Card Tag & Envelope, SB   Victorian Splendor Slimline

Happy 25th Anniversary, Laura & Mark!







No comments:

Post a Comment