Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Inky Embossing Folder Birthday

Got a little inky making this card, but it was fun! Saw this technique on a video shared by Dayna Lum-Akana on Facebook, link here. Thank you for sharing fun techniques you find, Dayna!


Apply distress inks randomly on one side of your embossing folder, spritz, then run it through. I chose to ink up the debossed side. It's a "wow" when you pull it out of the folder, and every card it different. I like that you can spritz it more or less for degrees of distressed inkyness. I didn't want to hide the colors so went with a die cut "happy" and flagged "birthday".

Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop Happy Birthday (birthday)
Dies: MFT Happy Birthday (happy)
Inks: Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, & Broken China distress inks
Embossing Folder: Anna Griffin April Garden

Tickled you could join me today!

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful effect from inking the folder! The texture gives a soft and sweet backdrop for this bold greeting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the effect too! This was my first attempt at this technique. Not a fan of inky fingers, but this may have been worth it. :)

      Delete