Thursday, January 4, 2018

Vintage Leaves on Acetate

Happy New Year!

I just love the Vintage Leaves stamp set. This set can really be used year round, not just in the fall.




Used some wintery colors on this card, so cool! Played with some heat resistant acetate for the first time and I love it! Very handy to have a stamp press to stamp on a slippery surface like acetate. The leaf is embossed with silver.

This banner is fun to pop the center up:



Stamps: Stampin' Up Vintage Leaves, Stampin' Up Thoughtful Banners
Inks: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate, Versamark (for embossing)
Tools: Stampin' Up Vintage Leaflets framelits, SU Duet Banner punch
Papers: Stampin' Up Color Theory DSP, silver cardstock, whisper white cardstock

Wishing you a wonderful & creative 2018!

7 comments:

  1. I love this card, Sheryl! I'm astounded that this is acetate - thought it was vellum when I first saw it. Lovely! I adore how the sentiment is popped up inside the banner. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the acetate worked on this card too. The embossing hides the adhesive and the clear acetate let the color theory shine through. Thank you for your always thoughtful comments, Brian!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is awesome, such a beautiful work of art. What is a heat press. Is the acetate thinner than vellum. Can the heat emboss be used with vellum? I would love to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment, Lora. I use MISTI, a stamp press. It's a great tool, you can read about it here: https://www.mysweetpetunia.com/. There are awesome videos on this site on the many uses of this tool. It's a bit pricey, but I like the accessories you can get with it. Tim Holtz makes a stamp press too, which is very good. It's on sale on Amazon right now: https://www.amazon.com/Tonic-Studios-Holtz-Stamp-Platform/dp/B073W19WGX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515440253&sr=8-1&keywords=misti The acetate is not really thinner than vellum, but it is clear. You can emboss on vellum but it is tricky. It can warp when overheated, like acetate. Heat resistant acetate is great to emboss on but slippery to stamp on, which is why the stamp press is great.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for letting me know. I have a Misti and love this machine.

      Delete